Travelling abroad during Coronavirus (COVID-19)
We want to make sure that your travel plans are disrupted as little as possible during the Covid 19 pandemic so we will advise you on the best options for your trip based on the latest regulations and guidance. However, please be aware that government guidance is updated regularly and can change between booking or planning your trip, and your departure.
Travelling abroad checklist
Here is a summary of what you need to do when travelling abroad from England. Read the guidance in the links below for more information about each point in the checklist.
- Check foreign travel advice for all countries you will visit or travel through.
- Arrange any COVID-19 tests, you will need to enter the countries that you will travel to and you must use a private test provider, this cannot be done through the NHS.
- Find out how you can use the NHS COVID Pass to prove your vaccination status abroad, some countries may require proof of vaccination status before you can enter, in this case you should provide proof before you travel.
- Check what you need to do when you return to England, these requirements will depend on where you have been and what your vaccination status is. (Sourced from https://www.gov.uk/guidance/travel-abroad-from-england-during-coronavirus-covid-19 – 21.12.2021)
*Please note Government Guidance is regularly updated*
Find out more information about travelling during Coronavirus in the links below:
- The current travel advice for the country your are travelling to please see – https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice
- For more information and guidance on Travelling to England- https://www.gov.uk/guidance/travel-to-england-from-another-country-during-coronavirus-covid-19